• Maximum noise reduction by combining sound absorber and noise barrier
• Sound Absorption Rating to NRC-1.05
• Transmission Loss Rating to STC-32
• Offered in two styles with a variety of combinations
• Acoustical liners, jackets, wraps and panels
• Available in curtain panels, bound or unbound rolls, custom fabrications or die-cut pieces
• Flexible composites conform to any shape
• Fire safe and low smoke emissions per ASTM E-84, Class 1
"BSC" composite features a non-reinforced loaded vinyl noise barrier septum (right) with a quilted fiberglass sound absorber on both sides. Ideally suited as an acoustical liner, the inner layer of quilted fiberglass decouples the barrier from the surface to improve its noise blocking ability while the outer layer adds sound absorption to the treated environment.
Also Available As:
Types of facing material on quilted fiberglass:
"BBC" composite features a reinforced loaded vinyl noise barrier with a quilted fiberglass sound absorber on one side. The rugged durable exterior barrier is commonly used as a wrap or acoustical jacket due to its ability to conform to any shape. The quilted fiberglass layer decouples the noise barrier to enhance its acoustical performance.
Also available as:
• Rolls with edges bound and sewn with matching edge binding
• Unbound rolls with quilted fiberglass edges exposed
• Standard roll size 54" wide barrier, with 48" wide quilt, 25' long
• Curtain panels with grommets at top and hook & loop fasteners sewn along edges
• Custom fabricated acoustical jackets
• Die-cut pieces
BBC products utilize a flexible 1 lb. PSF center reinforced barrier back (B-10R). Available in standard gray color. Tan and light blue are also available. 2 lb. PSF and 1/2 lb. PSF reinforced barriers are optional.
|Sound Transmission Loss (dB) Octave Band Center Frequencies (Hz)|
|Product||Thickness (In./Nom.)||Wt. Lb./S.F.||125||250||500||1000||2000||4000||STC|
|Sound Absorption Data-Absorber Component Random Incident Sound Absorption|
|Product||Octave Band Center Frequencies (Hz)|
|BBC 1" thick||.12||.47||.85||.84||.64||.62||.70|
|BBC 2" thick||.07||.27||.96||1.13||1.08||.99||.85|
|BBC 4" thick||.21||.89||1.09||1.17||1.13||1.07||1.05|
|BSC 4" thick||.19||.99||.96||.80||.57||.33||.85|
We pride ourselves in being truly knowledgeable in understanding how to solve your application and protection problems, however simple or complex. Just call us during business hours toll-free at 800-734-8771, or complete our Contact/RFQ form.